• Material: Natural fossil coral gemstone
• Size: inner diameter 52.5mm, outside diameter 67.5mm, width 12.5mm
• Weight: approx. 34 grams
• SKU: C042057, 3JADE MANUFACTURING (China)
• Rare natural fossil coral, natural color and flower-like patterns, with no scratches, flaws or repairs, as shown in the pictures.
• Fossil coral is a natural type of gemstone formed by ancient corals. The proper name for fossil coral is 'agatized coral' or 'agatized fossil coral', because during formation, the coral remains are gradually replaced with agate, a variety of naturally occurring chalcedony, or micro crystalline quartz. When prehistoric corals are fossilized through replacement with agate, the fossil coral forms through hardened deposits left by silica-rich waters. The entire process can take over 20 million years and occurs only under very unique geological conditions. Corals are marine animals and it is their skeletons that are fossilized and preserved, often leaving flower-like patterns in the stone.